The castle stronghold, Sujanpur Tihra is 22km far from Hamirpur town and contacts the Kangra outskirt. The stronghold was worked by Raja Abhay Chand of the Katoch tradition of Kangra in 1758. For over a century, Sujanpur Tira remained the imperial living arrangement for the Katoch line. The post in the mid nineteenth century was additionally the home of Raja Sansar Chand, who is figured to be the supporter of Kangra School of smaller than normal artworks.
Sujanpura Tira houses five sanctuaries and a corridor called Baradari, where the court was held in the domain of Sansar Chand. The passageway of the fortification is a great one with indications of some phenomenal divider artistic creations over it. The principle fascination of the fortress is the Gauri Shankar Temple that is inside the areas of the royal residence. The sanctuary is devoted to Lord Shankar and Goddess Parvati and has countless divider works of art executed in the accuracy.
Geograpy and location
Sujanpur is situated at 31.83°N 76.50°E. It has a normal rise of 562 meters (1,844 feet).
Atmosphere differs all through from sweltering summer to cold winter. Being on the banks of Beas River, the winter is very extreme. The temperature differ from 38 Deg. Celsius in summers to just about zero Deg. Celsius in winters. Winters experience low-lying mists which add to the chilly climate and one can appreciate strolling in the midst of the mists.
- Sujanpur Tira is well-associated with all the significant towns of Himachal Pradesh and of the nation in every one of the bearings through street arrange.
- It is at stones’ toss to Hamirpur (25 km), Palampur (35 km), Joginder Nagar (79 km) and around 120 km from Dharamshala.
- Today more than 200 transports cross this town to interface different urban areas, towns and towns other than standard cabs.
- The closest railroad station is Maranda (close Palampur) where check keeps running up to Pathankot on one side and Jogindernagar to the next.
- On one side it is associated with Una-Nangal by street, the opposite side it is associated towards Kangra, Pathankot ; To Mandi-Manali and Ladakh and one side to Shimla.
- Its land areas interface this town with pretty much every bearing through trap of tarred street arrange.
Sainik School Tihra Sujanpur
Around three decades prior, Sainik School was initiated in Sujanpur Tira which is situated in the green ground in center of the town. This has expanded the significance of the town.
- Tira Sujanpur is also called Sujanpur Tira or Sujanpur Tihra situated on the bank of River Beas.
- It is a lovely town occupied by Maharaja Sansar Chand Katoch who was the King of Kangra and later moved from Kangra to Sujanpur Tira after the war with Muslim lords who needed to catch Kangra fortress.
- Maharaja Sansar Chand built his castles, sanctuaries and courts (called Baradari) on the pinnacle of hillock called Tira neglecting Sujanpur’s well known Chaugan, consequently the name of the town is Sujanpur Tira.
- There is one square kilometer green ground in Pahari language ‘Chaugan‘ (which stays green consistently).
- Presently some portion of the ground is under by the Sanik School.
- The ground is a gathering place for the greater part of the town individuals, women, men, youngsters for night walk and for playing a wide range of diversions.
- Most well known Holi reasonable additionally happens on this ground which keeps going very nearly 2–3 weeks during the long stretch of March.
- The idea is presently melting away off. The town has two acclaimed sanctuaries developed by the ruler which are Bansiwala ( For Lord Krishna) on one side of the ground, and Narvdeshwar on the opposite side towards the waterway Beas.
- One of the celebrated sanctuary at Tira was devastated during the 1905 Kangra seismic tremor, as likewise the a large portion of the royal residence structures.
- Archeological Department has attempted to reestablish a portion of the landmarks however not to a degree wanted.
- It is progressively similar to whitewashing done by Archeological Department.
- A significant number of the important Kangra canvases were gathered by past official E.N.Mangatrai and some were come back to the historical center in Chandigarh.
Individuals of Sujanpur Tira (prior most likely called Sajjanpur because of individuals being decent, genuine and religious-disapproved) are entirely friendly and supportive. In spite of the fact that the town is these days flourishing with exercises and populace in around is more than 10,000. This town has created numerous researchers, executives, educators, specialists. Some time ago it was the most taught town in Kangra and Himachal on the loose. The vestiges still remind us the old works of art which exists on the sanctuaries and royal residences however the progression of time and air assaults have sullened them a great deal. Whatever were left were pulverized by local people by whitewashing because of theirltlessness.
History made by people of sujanpur Tihra
While Sujanpurtira created numerous experts and journalists, a couple of them truly earned name. Dr. Ishwar Das was the principal IAS of 1953 group who resigned as Chief Secretary of Madhaya Pradesh; Dr Sant K. Bhatnagar a Kharagpur IITian accomplished prominence in the field of Rubber Technology globally and created numerous logical papers and religion books; Professor Uttam Chand Mahajan who accomplished greatness in Astrology and composed four books subsequent to resigning from dynamic administration as Principal, Government College, Hamirpur.
- Teacher U.C. Mahajan’s most recent book covering basic editorial of Mirza Ghalib covering very nearly 900 pages was distributed just before his destruction in April,2014.Sh S R Bhardwaj of Brahampuri Mohallah proceeded to turn into an IAS official and resigned as Labor Commissioner Himachal Pradesh in 1987.
- Another prominent child of the dirt was Shri. Slam Rattan Dewan who finished Bsc. Horticulture from Agriculture school Layalpur, presently in Pakistan.
- In the wake of finishing his investigations he joined the administration work as an agribusiness pro and through dint of his diligent work he achieved the post of Deputy Director of Agriculture ( Himachal Pradesh) and resigned all things considered.
- Another star who accomplished greatness in brief time is Tarun Bhatnagar, who finished his B.E Computer Engineering from top school of USA viz; University of Michigan and MBA from Booth school of Management, University of Chicago. Tarun Bhatnagar fills in as Director in Google in Headquarter situated in San Francisco, USA.
History of kangra and sujanpur Tihra
Sujanpur bears its name from Sajjanpur, which means the town of genuine and delicate individuals.
Sujanpur Tira was later included as Maharaja Sansar Chand Katoch moved his capital from Kangra to this spot and included more royal residences, sanctuaries, courts and fortification at the highest point of the slope ‘Tira’.
Katoch set a traddition and their tradition can be followed back to 4300BC, when Rajanaka Bhumi Chand established he ends Katoch Dynasty. They professed to have battled against Lord Rama in 3000BC and Raja Susrma Chandra battled against Pandavas during the Mahabharta War in 1500BC.
- He additionally manufactured the Kangra Fort. In 900 BC Katoch battled Persian and Assyrian in Punjab and Rajanaka Permanand Chandra (otherwise called Porus) battled against Alexandra the Great in 500BC.
- Katoch rulers additionally battled Ashoka the Great and lost their property in Multan.
- Raja of Kangra battled against Raja of Kannauj, 470 BC against Raja of Kashmir.
- In 853 AD Rajanaka Prithvi Chandra’s realm extended.
- In 1009 AD Mahmud Ghazni assaulted Kangra and caught enormous goods.
- Motel 1170 Kangra saw the division into Kangra and Jaswan. They lost the war with Muhammad of Ghor in 1220 AD. In 1526 to 1556 AD, Katoch battled against Akbar the Great alongside the powers of Sikandar Shah Suri, yet lost and respected union to Akbar consequently to the title of Maharaja.
- Mughals assaulted post of Kangra multiple times however neglected to crush it.
More about History of Kangra and Sujanpur Tihra
- In 1620 AD Kangra was involved by Mughuls.
- Maharaja Bhim Chadra united with Guru Gobind Singh in battle against Aurangzeb and was given the title of Dharma Rakshak by Guru Gobind Singh.
- In 1750 Maharaj Ghammand Chandra took reins.
- From 1775 AD to 1820 AD, saw the brilliant time of Kangra under the kingdom of Maharaja Sansar Chand Katoch.
- Kangra prospered in training, business and artistic creations and so forth. Well known Kangra compositions goes back to the time as it were.
- From 1820 decrease of Kangra kingdom began and Kangra was involved by Sikh after the war with Gorkhas of Nepal. Katoch battled against British and lost.
- Raja Parmod Chand was detained and kicked the bucket in bondage in Almoda in 1924AD.
- In 1924 Maharaja Jai Chandra of Kangra-Lambagraon was allowed the title of Maharaja by British system.
- 1947AD Maharaja Dhruv Dev Chandra, the last leader of Kangra-Lambagraon combines his state with Independent India and in 1972 regal request was abrogated in India and all rulers ended up standard natives of India much the same as others.
- Kangra was converged with recently established territory of Himachal Pradesh. Later Kangra was part into three areas along these lines isolating Sujanpurtira from Kangra .
- Sujanpurtira turned out to be a piece of Hamirpur District. This was in short the authentic foundation of Kangra and its rulers.
Sujanpur Tihra Golden Era of Maharaja Sansar chand
At the point when Kangra was taken over by Muslim trespassers, Maharaja Sansar Chand Katoch moved his cash-flow to Sujanpurtira on the left bank of stream Beas.
Disregarding the town of Sujanpurtira, Abhay Chand Katoch-the ruler, fabricated a braced royal residence at the highest point of the slope called Tira in 1748 AD. Subsequently the town from there on gained the name ‘Tira’ joined to its unique name of Sujanpur.
- This lord was very much regarded as during his system Sujanpurtira prospered gigantically in business, training, expressions and culture, sports and in all circles of life.
- He additionally made a one square kilometer green ground amidst the town (called Chaugan) which was utilized to prepare officers for war.
- The ground still exists and stays green all as the year progressed. This ground adds monstrous magnificence to this community.
- The ground is extraordinary spot for individuals of all standing and belief to meet at night, to have night walk and as additionally incredible spot for youthful and old to make different diversions.
- Truth be told it has been the most cherished spot for Himachal intercollegiate or school meets. Some portion of the ground is presently involved by Sanik School.
The Fort of Tira Sujanpur still has a place with the decedents of [Maharaja Sansar Chand].
The Kangra Fort is the Maharaja Sansar Chandra Museum kept running by the community. The Museum likewise gives sound advisers for the fortress and the historical center and has eria.
Temples in Sujanpur Tihra
Maharaja Sansar Chand Katoch constructed enormous royal residences and sanctuaries. A portion of the sanctuaries are a bit of incredible design and Kangra depictions. Murlimanohar ( now known as Bansiwala) sanctuary remains on the left half of the ground (Chowgan); Narvadeshwar sanctuary devoted to Shiva-Parvti Is brimming with extraordinary artistic creations inside the dividers sitting above the bank of stream Beas.
- It is designed by 8 ft high divider with section all around. Another sanctuary is Thakardwara not to talk about littler sanctuaries.
- Maharaja Sansar Chand likewise constructed Chamunda Devi sanctuary inside the premises of the royal residence which still exists.
- The individuals of Sujanpurtira are religious-disapproved and are the staunch adherent of Indian Gods.
Earthquake in 1905
Kangra went through good and bad times. In 1905 earthquake distroyed the whole valley and its design, castles, sanctuaries . so on 90% of the houses were broke into pieces.
- It is said that a person whose name is Dogra he give proposal to maharaja Sansar Chand Katoch to do marriage with her doughterand he gives him many assests, which the King refused.
- Dogra then ended it all giving a revile to the King that he would not have the option to manage on the left bank of waterway Beas.
- From there on the King experienced much disturbance and needed to move his kingdom to Nadaun – 15 km from Sujanpurtira.
- Nadaun was additionally on the left bank of waterway Beas,
- phantom of Cchurimar Dogra ( sword-executed Dora) frequented him there and he needed to move his whole kingdom to Lambagaon found 8 km from Sujanpurtira on the correct bank of stream Beas.
- The last lord and ruler of Lambagraon still live in Delhi and furthermore claim a Banglow in Dharamshala.
Famous Festivals of Sujanpur Tihra
The popular Holi celebration was praised with parcel of ceremony and show which has turned into a custom now and contineous for 1 month ,March Holi festival is happens in this ground. A portion of the photographs will expound it.
- Different celebrations like Diwali, Lohri, Shivratri, Janamashtami Baisakhi, Basant Panchami and numerous others festivals celebrated with incredible enthusiasm .
- They all live as one network and help one another. Network feeling is very much soaked up in the brain of individuals as additionally the sentiment of being Sujanpurian.
- Truth be told there is a Sujanpuri Association which meet consistently and mastermind a lunch meeting each year in Delhi.
This town of Sujanpurtira has bounty to offer to the visitors, just they have to proceed to investigate this excellent town by walking. One can trek toward Tira, or walk miles along each side to investigate the rich legacy which still bear signs of the old kingdom